Modern formwork systems are designed for speed and efficiency. This publication describes generic types of modern formwork system that are widely available, and considers their applications, advantages and main features related to health and safety and sustainability performance. They are engineered to provide increased accuracy and minimize waste in construction and most have heath and safety features built-in. The main systems in use are table form/flying form, system column formwork, horizontal and vertical panel systems, jump form, slip form, and tunnel form. This guide sets out their key features - process efficiency, safety, sustainability and other considerations - with numerous illustrations of the systems in use on-site.
- An overview of concrete's sustainability
- Benefits of concrete frame buildings
- Concrete elements and building systems
- Table form/flying form
- System column formwork
- Modular formwork systems: horizontal elements, Modular formwork systems: vertical elements, Jump form, Slip form, Tunnel form
- Summary, Acknowledgements, References