The Building Regulations: Explained and Illustrated provides a detailed, authoritative and well illustrated guide to building control in England and Wales.
This latest edition has been substantially revised to include revised chapters on Part A Structural Stability, Part C Materials, Part E Sound, Part F Ventilation, Part L Conservation of Fuel and Power, Part M Access, and a completely new chapter on Part P Electrical Safety. A host of smaller changes to the administration of the Regulations are also included.
I: Legal and Administrative.
- Building control: an overview.
- The Building Regulations and approved documents.
- Local authority control.
- Private certification.
- Work under the supervision of a competent person.
- Structural stability (Part A).
- Fire (Part B).
- Materials, workmanship, site preparation and moisture exclusion (Part C).
- Toxic substances (Part D).
- Sound insulation (Part E).
- Ventilation (Part F).
- Hygiene (Part G).
- Drainage and waste disposal (Part H).
- Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems (Part J).
- Protection from falling, collision and impact (Part K).Conservation of fuel and power (Part L).
- Access to and use of buildings (Part M).Glazing (Part N).
- Electrical safety (Part P).